Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mimi's 90th Birthday Party

This weekend Sheri traveled to Keyser, WV to celebrate Mimi's 90th Birthday. The party was a lovely luncheon given Cindy and DiAnn (Sheri's mom). It was a beautiful day and great to see cousins, aunts and uncles. The party was held at The Candlewyck Inn, the best place to dine in Keyser. The Candlewyck is a lovely Victorian style Inn on Mineral Street and the owner Fred and his wife Sherri are well known in town to Mimi's friends and to her visiting relatives too. I caught up with many cousins, including my first and dear cousin Christy (see photo) from Texas. I also heard from David and Tammy a tip on some bluegrass talent in the family , Travis' progress on the local car-racing circuit, local country politics in Capon Bridge from Uncle Bill, and so much more. It was a very fast 48 hours, but well worth it! I hope I am having as much fun when I am 90 (see Mimi and my Mom, DiAnn below).

No comments: